Visual practitioners are graphic recorders and graphic facilitators. They are experts in the use of visual methods to convey meaning, enhance collaboration and improve dialogue for more effective learning and communication. There is an international organization that represents visual practitioners. To learn more, check out the International Forum of Visual Practitioners at http://ifvp.org/. The IFVP represents a community of creative leaders from around the world who share a common passion for bringing information and ideas to life using visual methodologies. Their 17th annual international conference took place in July 2012 in Pittsburgh, PA.
Everyone! The variety of my work is what I enjoy most about my job. New people, new challenges in all sorts of industries: pharmaceutical, oil and gas, transportation and utilities, IT, healthcare, education and finance.
Contact us through e-mail, phone, Facebook or Twitter. We'll call you back right away to set up a time when we can talk in more detail about your needs. We are always happy to work through your unique requirements and outline how Visuals@Work™ can help you achieve success.
We'll go through the key questions, the 5W's and the How, and also talk about how much we charge for our services. Once we've reached a verbal commitment to proceed with an engagement, we will prepare a written proposal outlining the terms and expectations and other relevant details.
- Day rates apply to: workshops, jam sessions and our visual thinking presentation.
- Hourly rates apply to: visual coaching sessions and advisory services.
- Packages available for the SHIFT-IT® Visual Coaching Program
Pricing is dependent on the nature and the extent of services we are providing. Please contact us for a quote.
Yes! Whether you want to lead more productive, enlightening and informative meetings yourself, or whether you bring in a visual facilitator who can help, there is no question that visual methods lead to more memorable and thought-provoking meetings. Also, the use of visual language aids the decision-making process. It has been proven that participants are much more likely to make quality decisions after working through visual processes. As an added bonus, research has shown that the use of visual language shortens meeting time by at least 24%!
If you haven't been to a meeting or a conference that has used either graphic recorders or facilitators, it is hard to imagine how effective and engaging it is! After many years in leadership positions plus my experience as a Visual Practitioner, I know when and how it could work for you. I welcome questions and I would be pleased to talk more about your specific needs.
Interactive visualizations, whether in the form of hand-drawn wall-sized charts or computer-designed, help catch the attention of people, enable interactive collaboration across time and space, and make it possible to represent and explore complex data and create new insights.
Visual representations help to:
All of these functions are crucial contributors to business success and visualization plays an important role in making them happen.
Researchers hove found that more than 72% of the population are visual learners and thinkers. Most of the remaining 28% of the population uses visual thinking in some combination with their primary thinking style. This means that the vast majority of people learn better when visuals are used.
You're in good company: Albert Einstein was known to use visual thinking in his work!
Visual facilitators work with a diversity of organizations including business, government and non-profit entities. Participants are consistently amazed with the increase in efficiency of group processes, the reduction in meeting time, and the way information is made memorable. Most of the population are visual thinkers and are highly responsive to visual communication methods.
Using a 'whole brain' focus, visual communication is ideal in all kinds of organizational settings. Visual practitioners combine hand-drawn images while capturing the essence of discussions on wall-sized charts. The process allows participants to synthesize information, make connections and find meaningful patterns.